Scoll down to find out more.
Client Brief & Workplace Consultancy
We take time to understand what you are trying to achieve whether refurbishing your existing office or relocating to new premises is the best solution. Should you choose a new office we can help you decide on the best of the buildings available by working closely with your commercial agent to identify a short list. Applying a methodical approach using a process that incorporates advice and investigation into some or all of the following project elements:
- Identifying your commercial objectives, both immediate and long term.
- Programme and timelines
- We evaluate the way you work and offer change management solutions where appropriate.
- How you currently work and operate in your office.
- Space requirements – space standards, space allocation by department, departmental adjacencies, future growth, storage, workplace efficiencies, furniture specification.
- Assessing re-organisation of your existing office instead of relocating.
- Benefits of occupation of a single floor, multiple floors or whole building.
- Length of office lease in relation to your business plan.
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Cooling) Building services evaluation to assess the condition and available duty of the existing and any adaptation or provision of new services.
- Provision of power and ITC services including ITC set up arrangements and on-going support function.
- Your organisational culture and branding, both internally and externally.
- Environmental impact and alternative material selection.
Advice on Tax relief and Capital Allowances to save you money and reduce fitting out costs and tax liabilities.
Feasibility Study, Building Selection & Surveys
We carry out an assessment on the practicality of the proposed new office looking at a broad spectrum of areas. Varying levels of surveys are available to enable an evaluation of the new office. Surveys are designed with the aim of providing assistance with lease and dilapidation negotiations, potentially avoiding unnecessary and costly expenditure over the period of your occupation.
- Creation of Test Fits to demonstrate how you could fit into your new or existing office.
- Stress tests to see how you would operate at maximum occupancy levels.
- Electrical surveys to assess the power availability and compliance with current NICEIC Regulations.
- Mechanical surveys to assess the condition of the equipment and any fresh air and heating/cooling provision in relation to the demands you will place on the systems.
- Data surveys to establish telecoms provision and data networking provision. This is increasingly important where multi-tenanted buildings have an uneven distribution of bandwidth supply throughout the building.
- Asbestos surveys to detect the presence and management of asbestos against current regulations legally required prior to carrying out building work and disturbance of the building fabric.
- Schedule of Condition surveys to record the office prior to signing the lease.
- Air quality survey and test. Post construction, fresh air filter grading and suitability.
Our experienced architects and designers will work with you to create the right “Look & Feel” to realise your vision for the office. Whether your preferred style is traditional, contemporary or minimalist. We evaluate obvious, yet often overlooked considerations:
- Creation of a powerful impact for your brand identity and corporate message within the office to clients and employees.
- Evaluate desired office location,
- Condition of the property and suitability of the landlord common parts, WCs and lifts.
- Limitations within the space or building.
- Obtain the necessary Landlords and Building Control approvals and permissions.
- Production of mood boards of textures, colours, themes, fittings and 3D rendered visuals to bring to life a tailor-made solution that challenges and creates new possibilities for your organisation.
3D Design & Visualisation
We bring your office design to life through 3D visualisation enabling you to ‘see’ your office interior before it is built. This not only helps to gain staff buy-in but also allows for last minute tweaks to be included and help in adapting the colour pallet. We use high resolution market leading rendering to create realistic imagery.
Technical Specification & Cost Control
Each project incorporates a comprehensive scope of works from which the fit out is designed and delivered. Time served experience enables the selection of the best products and materials to suit your budget and these are detailed as a breakdown of the work required to transform your design into reality. Your project management team will run through the proposed ideas and scope of works so that the entire team has a clear understanding of the project requirements. Our projects are delivered to a far higher standard than most of our competition both in terms of the management, the workmanship and the technical specification of the project.
We are members of the CIOB (Chartered Institute of Building) and research has proven that fast track projects such as design and build of office fit outs has shown itself to be 40% quicker and an overall cost saving of at least 15% when compared to the traditional procurement process. This means that you get into your new office as quickly as possible, maximises rent free periods, minimises disruption and allows you to react to your market place speedily in line with recruitment requirements enabling you to exploit more commercial opportunities and improving your bottom line.
We offer a transparent shopping list of goods with clear unit rates and quantities. Winkworth Interiors is consistently one of the most competitively priced suppliers in the marketplace and this is down to our project management and relationships in our supply chains.
In-house Furniture Specialist
Furniture is one of the elements that helps to create an outstanding interior space and influences how it ultimately works. Having tried and tested products for decades, we are confident we can help you choose a quality range of furniture to suit your style and budget.
We listen carefully to your needs and can organise visits to sites so you can get a feel for the different products. Our designers consider workplace efficiencies, best practice work set ups whether touch down, sit stand or for long hours dealing financial markets. Aesthetics and functionality overlap to optimise your work environment.
We provide independent advice and can either propose off the shelf products or bespoke solutions where furniture is crafted for unique user requirements. First impressions are important and office furniture plays a key role in your company’s image and individuals performance.
The Construction Phase is at the heart of what we do. We employ an intensive management approach from the outset of the pre-construction phase through to the delivery phase of the project using developed systems to ensure fast track design, build out and quality control resulting in stunning offices.
A key factor in our projects achieving success are minimised lines of communication. This both simplifies the process, speeds construction progress and reduces the time that you may otherwise have to allocate when dealing with teams that are bigger than necessary.
You deal directly with your experienced project manager who heads up the delivery team rather than a medley of different parties of interior designers, specialist subcontractors, Building Management, Building Control officers and Health & Safety officers.
You are kept up to date throughout the process and we are on hand to answer any questions. Importantly we maintain and encourage good relationships with our sub contractors and suppliers. This has been developed over many years and creates a very personal service for our clients. Tried and tested methods result in work being carried out to the highest standard and has resulted in many clients continuing to use us for over a decade.
Post Project Support
We can help you formulate a relocation strategy that schedules tasks in line with a programme so that everything turns up in the right place at the right time. If you choose to keep your existing furniture and storage we offer a strip down, relocate and re-build service.
Where clients want to minimise their financial outlay when vacating their old office, we can help. We provide guidance on managing the liabilities under a client’s lease requiring Dilapidations work to be undertaken. We typically carry this out at less cost than the landlord would charge which can provide considerable savings that may be put towards the new office.
Winkworth Interiors are committed to supporting our clients after completion of the fit out. We offer a comprehensive maintenance and back up support service to ensure your office performs throughout its lifecycle as your business evolves. We are on hand to give you the on-going support even if it is just a light fitting in need of repair, air-conditioning servicing and maintenance or additional furniture. Whatever is needed, we are just a phone call away.